Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Scared to Post

Strange title right?  Don't worry it will all make sense very soon!

I've been doing Crossfit for about 5 months now.  Some might think that's a long time but it's really not.  When I started Pam Munson asked me had I ever done any sports when I was younger.  I literally LOL'd at her.  I mean seriously...was she looking at the same person that I saw in the mirror each day?  She then started to tell me that I was an athlete and I again chuckled because I honestly thought she was just blowing smoke.  In January my attitude FINALLY changed about my athletic ability.

At Crossfit Champions they post the WOD on their website and ask you to post your results after completing that particular WOD.  I was determined to NEVER post my results because I was embarrassed by them.  Then I thought why?  Why was I am embarrassed?  Those people posting all had to start somewhere on there own journey right?  I continued to watch as people would post and I continued to do nothing with my own results.  Then I changed my thought process and started wondering how many other people are having those same thoughts?

Then the day came and I posted my results finally.  You know what?  Not one person said anything negative!  Instead people are encouraging and proud of my success.  I never thought that anyone would be proud of my athletic success.  Then again I never thought I would have an athletic success story.

So yesterday's WOD was very challenging for me and I was again faced with the fear of posting my scaled slow results but I did it anyway!

3 x 300m Run
3 x 500m Row
3 x 150 Jump Ropes
Total Time:  26:46

Don't be ashamed of your results!  Everyone starts somewhere on their journey.  Be proud and post away!  Someone you don't even know will benefit from you being open about your struggle and success!

No comments:

Post a Comment