Sunday, March 10, 2013

13.1 In The Bag

The Crossfit Open officially kicked off Wednesday evening after the announcement of the first workout.  As the news quickly spread about the details of the workout my heart quickly sank.  The more that I read the workout the more that I let fear set in.  I've been doing Crossfit for seven months and there are three things I haven't been able to make much progress on which are running, burpees, and manmakers.  My running is getting better every month and I just completed my first mile a week ago.  Burpees and manmakers are horrific.  Anytime I see them listed in the workout I cringe!

13.1 Workout Details:

17 Minute AMRAP
40 Burpees
30 Snatch (45lbs)
30 Burpees
30 Snatch (75lbs)
20 Burpees
30 Snatch (100lbs)
10 Burpees
Max rep Snatch (120lbs)

Now you see why my heart sank and fear set in...LOOK AT ALL THOSE STINKING BURPEES!!  Saturday was getting closer and closer but the fear only got worse.  I had lots of uplifting positive people providing endless support for me (Pam, Matt, Jason, Clay, Jana, Steven and the list goes on).  They had the faith in me that I was going to do great.  Saturday arrived and it was time to kick some butt!  I woke up positive and refreshed, ready to face my fear of burpees!  This would also be the first time I have ever competed in an athletic competition.  It was my turn to do the workout and something absolutely amazing happened...I KICKED BUTT!!  My burpees were stringing together smoother than any workout I had ever done before.  I was physically exhausted but mentally I was racing so I kept going.  In the end I survived the workout and had a great score!  I even set a PR during my workout by doing a 75lb snatch!
75lb Snatch

Kicking Burpee Butt



















Can't wait to see what 13.2 brings this coming Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment