Monday, May 27, 2013

Big Thighs

Strange title to my post right??!!  Don't worry it will all make sense after you finish reading.  So I'm just completing my ninth month of Crossfit at Crossfit Champions.  It's been a roller coaster of emotions and struggles during these last nine months.  I find myself in a constant state of comparison against others; weather it's at the box or other women I see in throughout my day.  I look them over head to toe and compare my own size against them.  It's a vicious cycle that I have ultimately paid the price for.  Did you know that stress and depression have a negative impact on weight loss?  Constantly comparing your body to other women or men is horrible!  All of us eat different foods, workouts vary and our overall body make-up is just different.

This weekend Steven and I went to the South Central Crossfit Regional competition in San Antonio.  We had a blast!  It was the most inspiring Crossfit activity that I have been to yet!  It was a chance to see some of the fittest women in South Central competing to go to the Crossfit Games.  The inspiring part was that all of these women were built differently.  Tall, short, small, medium and large.  They were all athletic but all different!  Not all of them had the body that you see sculpted for the photograph in Men's Health magazine either!  Don't take my last statement the wrong way but let's be realistic people...athletes posing for magazines like that spends hours taking thousands of pictures to get the one perfect shot, then the one perfect shot is enhanced with computers.

It's back to reality tomorrow for me but with a different attitude and outlook on myself.  I'm starting a 90 day challenge of health and fitness!  That's right, I'm going to commit to 90 days of getting stronger and healthier all while during the summer time!  I've got big goals on my poster and the only way to achieve them is to STOP COMPARING MYSELF TO EVERYONE ELSE!  I'VE GOT BIG THIGHS BECAUSE I'M AN ATHLETE!!

I'm posting my goals on the world wide web so they can never be erased:

1.  Run 2 miles
2.  Get a double-under
3.  35lb kettle bell during a full WOD
4.  No Mexican food for 90 days (yikes!!)

       

No comments:

Post a Comment