Sunday, September 9, 2012

24 Day Challenge

So for all those who don't know, I started doing Crossfit about 3 weeks ago.  Some people have a fear of Crossfit as they think it's only for extreme athletes (which I am definitely not) but it's the complete opposite.  Crossfit is the perfect workout for anyone that is looking to challenge yourself mentally and physically.

Crossfit Champions (where I workout) is having an Advocare 24-Day Challenge that starts Monday 9/10.  So I took the plunge and signed up!  This past Saturday we did our stats and weigh-in as well as a WOD.  OH MY GOODNESS, OH MY GOODNESS I'VE LOST MY MIND!  The WOD for the challenge was very hard for me!  The purpose of this specific WOD was to create your initial time so that at the end of the challenge you repeat the exact movements and improve your finish time.  Want to know what we did and my time?

Run 200M
15-12-9 (reps)
Deadlift (65lbs)
Med Ball Sit-Ups (8lb)
Run 200M
5 Rounds of the following 3:
5 Pull-Ups
10 Push-Ups (on my knees)
15 Squats
Run 200M

My finish time was 16:46.  I struggled a lot after the second 200M run.  Your suppose to keep moving but my mind tells me to take a break and rest.  My run is more of jog at this point but that will continue to get better over the coming weeks.

My biggest struggle in getting ready to start the challenge and improve my workouts is mental.  I let little things derail my success.  So while the challenge is about changing your eating habits and improving your performance; it's also about improving my mental health over the next 24 days.  Realizing that I am successful and I can succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment