Monday, October 1, 2012

Time to Open My Eyes!!

OK by now those of you keeping up with my posts know about the 24 day challenge.  Yesterday I was having a large pity party for myself as I feel I haven't lost enough weight during the challenge.  Pity party of 1 is a favorite past time!!

The light bulb come on late last night!  IT'S NOT ABOUT THE 24 DAY CHALLENGE AT ALL!  These last 24 days I have been laying the stepping stones for myself to continue to follow the rest of my life.  The healthy eating habits, WOD's, interval cardio training and mental awareness are going to continue to improve of the coming months.  So while I may not lose the most pounds or inches, or have the fast improved time in the WOD; I've set myself up for much greater success in the coming weeks and months.

My journey is just now beginning and I have a long road ahead of me.  Not only do I need to lose 40pds in order to try and have a baby, I need to figure out how to live a healthy lifestyle forever! 

Whatever happens Saturday, I will count it as success in my book!  I mean seriously people, I'm competing in a challenge against others who have been eating health and doing Crossfit for months!  They had to start somewhere as well in the journey.  And then I think, how many of these same people only did the challenge so they could drop a few pounds or percentage of body fat but are going right back to eating crappy food??

So to everyone out there that needs a starting point, remember it's just that!  A starting point to lay the stepping stones down to follow for the weeks, months and years to come in living a healthy lifestyle!

Cheris

No comments:

Post a Comment